Podina Kohi (Spearmint) is an aromatic herb also known as Mentha spicata is a species of mint native to Asia and Europe. Podina Kohi is well known for its culinary use. Its leaves are used in both dried and fresh form to garnish many of foods. Some beverages also contain its essence to enhance the taste. The essential oil extracted from Spearmint is generally used in beverages, sweets, soups, salads, meats, fish, sauces, as well as vegetables.
Podina Kohi is used as a cooling therapy for the treatment of influenza, sore throat, inflammations of the eyes, as well as head congestion caused by COLD. Spearmint is also used as an herbal carminative and stomachic to expel gas from the digestive tract. Due to its aroma, it is also used to treat headaches and head congestion problems.
Podina Kohi is particularly useful in relieving digestive disorders such as flatulence and colic problems. It can also be of help in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Anciently, Podina Kohi has been used for the treatment of hiccups, motion sickness, and nausea.
- Reduces influenza, sore throat, inflammations of the eyes
- Good for head congestion caused by COLD
- Expels gas from the digestive tract
- Treats headaches
- Relieves digestive disorders such as flatulence and colic
- Alleviates irritable bowel syndrome
- Treats hiccups, motion sickness, and nausea
- Good for acid reflux disease
- Blood purifier
KEY CONSTITUENTS OF
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Essential oil